Okay, so being home is awesome! Sleeping in my own bed- Priceless. Waking up to my San Diego Allergies… meh… 😀
So let’s talk about what I learned on tour.
- ALWAYS check to see if you have your wallet, before driving anywhere. This goes for CELL PHONE, GUITAR, AMPS, CABLES, MERCH, and BAND MEMBERS.
- Pay attention to all signs. If the sign says to be careful of deer. Be careful of deer.
- DOUBLE CHECK your tour routes before you go on tour. DO NOT plan on visiting your brother after a 9 hour drive again… (Unless the show is as good as the Boulder show… cause I survived and it was kinda worth it…) 😛
- Buy an electric razor.
- Get an air freshener. Sleeping in your car can be… uh…. ewwwww…
- DO NOT drive from Durango to Denver until after 9am. (That route is creepy…)
- DO NOT tell the police officer that you are not wearing underwear. He WILL think that you’ve been drinking and driving.
As far as accomplishing goals on tour. I only had two goals. They were
- DO NOT LOSE ANYTHING. (I lost my wallet, but got it back… so I’m gonna say I did a great job on this one…)
- DO NOT GET ANY TICKETS. (I was pulled over once, but didn’t get a ticket, so booyah!!!)
So now that the tour is done, I’ll be focusing on getting to everyone’s KICKSTARTER pledges. Today I’m going to be downloading all of the covers you wanted me to sing, setting up my new “area” in the house and getting my record player back together. (Not happy with the current setup… if you have sound cables, feel free to bring them over. :-P)
Love you guys! Hope to see you soon. In fact, if you’re in San Diego, I’ll be playing at Lestats on Wednesday, with Brian Vander Ark from the Verve Pipe. (You know… that “We Were Only Freshmen” song. 😛 See you there!
P.S. The new album is coming along GREAT! Can’t wait to share it with ya!