I think last night’s blog post really woke me up. I caught myself being super negative, and I really need to fix that, it’s becoming too hard to get things done, stay motivated, and fight my attitude. I think the problem is that I set these high and lofty goals for myself, and then when I don’t have a chance to reach them, I decide to get upset, rather than figure out a way to get closer to my goals. I think it’s time to really focus on me, and maybe take a break from being so hard on myself. Here are my goals for the rest of the year, and I’ll take any help you can offer to achieve these.
1. A Strong Release of My New Album.
– The album is basically done, I just have to have it mastered, finish the album cover/insides, and then start promoting, distributing, and selling it. I was pretty stoked on people’s responses to hearing it at the show on Saturday. (If you didn’t notice, it was playing before/after the show.) Over the next few months, every moment of free time that I have will be poured into putting this album into every hand of every person I meet.
2. Lose 40 Pounds.
– This one is a lot tougher… I have had a hard time with my weight ever since my knee injury in college. That makes it hard to run now. I have to ice it regularly, and even doing sports is tough. I graduated in high school at 110 pounds, so I went from one extreme to the other- ultra skinny to hefty. I need to figure out a way to lose weight, and keep it off. What I don’t need is a bunch of dumb little remarks or quirky sayings. I can’t afford the food that most people eat for losing weight, and hiring a trainer/paying for gym membership is out of the question until I’m making more money. So basically, I need to lose weight as cheaply as possible… and without a ton of nagging… 😛
3. Find a Day Job That I Can Enjoy, While Still Pursuing Music or Make More Money Doing Music
– Unfortunately, money isn’t paying all the bills anymore. I need to find a job to help pay with some of the bills that are piling up. For a while, I was able to pay off everything, but recently, a few extra bills came in… (including the album costing more than I had expected.) It’s difficult finding a job that allows someone to tour or play gigs regularly. If I can’t travel, or take a few weeks off at a time, I don’t think I could do the job. (That’s why I had to leave Starbucks. I took too much time off.) 😦 I’m hoping I can find something soon.
4. Find a way to be happier/Think more positively.
– This one is probably the hardest. After a full 20something years of pushing myself hard and getting things from hard work and self-sacrifice, I think I need to find a better way of motivating myself and getting things done. It’d be nice to just be nicer to me…. that’s for sure.
Well that’s all I have today. I guess that’s just where I feel like I am right now. Feel free to disagree with me, tell me I’m gorgeous, makeout with me… whatev… 😛